Safe T Sensor™ increases microwave fire safety by shutting off the power to your microwave at the first sign of smoke, and thereby helps prevent microwave fires and false/nuisance alarms.
Safe T Sensor
- The smoke “sensor” component is attached magnetically to the microwave.
- The microwave plugs into Safe T Sensor’s “control box”, which is then plugged into the wall outlet.
- The solution is simple, seamless and requires no change to cooking behavior.
- Shuts off power to the microwave as soon as smoke is detected.
- Note: This product is NOT recommended for use on microwaves with a dial-timer or on built-in microwaves (unless the exhaust vents are exposed).
- View the instruction manual here.
- Reduces smoke detector activations, unnecessary fire service runs and building evacuations.
- Helps prevent nuisance alarms and microwave fires.
No batteries are required.
The sensor should be located so that it is in the pathway of the air flow from the exhaust vent. This ensures that smoke expelled from the microwave will pass directly over/into the sensor.
Safe T Sensor, is product for preventing microwave fires and nuisance/false alarms. With a sleek, new look and updated technology, Safe T Sensor interrupts power to the microwave oven at the first sign of smoke. With the NFPA reporting more than 19 microwave cooking fires every day, microwave fire safety is important to every home or building.