According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), U.S. fire departments respond to more than 2 million false and nuisance alarms. Many of these are triggered by microwave ovens in apartment buildings, hotels, and college/university residences. The result? Unnecessary building evacuations, costly fire department responses, and tenant/resident apathy.
SmartMicro can deliver dramatic cost savings by helping to eliminate nuisance alarms caused by smoke from microwave ovens. By automatically interrupting power to the microwave at the first sign of smoke, SmartMicro helps prevent unnecessary alarm activations. It also helps guard against microwave fires from starting.
- Care & Maintenance
- Advanced Sensor Technology
- Fully Automatic Reset
- Easy to Install
- Compact Design
Note: This product is NOT recommended for use on older microwave ovens with a manual dial timer, or on built-in microwaves (unless the exhaust vents are exposed).
- Helps prevent nuisance alarms and microwave oven fires.
- Reduces smoke detector activations, nuisance alarms, unnecessary building evacuations, and costly fire department service runs.
- Can deliver an immediate Return on Investment (ROI).
Care & Maintenance
SmartMicro is virtually maintenance free.
- To clean the SmartMicro Sensor, first unplug the microwave and the SmartMicro from the power outlet.
- Without removing the SmartMicro sensor from the microwave, gently clean any dust or debris by using a cloth or tissue.
- Once done, plug the SmartMicro control box back into the power outlet.
- Plug the microwave oven power cord into the SmartMicro control box.
- Wait until the SmartMicro sensor LED turns blue.
- Once the LED sensor turns blue, the microwave oven is ready to be used again.
- Voltage Rating & Frequency: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Maximum Current Rating: 15 Amps
- Maximum Power Rating: 1500 Watts
- Plug & Receptacle Style: 120VAC