SmartElementtm saves lives and property by helping to prevent cooking fires from happening in the first place. It is designed to be hardwired into electric coil stoves/ranges and must be professionally installed. For a residential plug in version that installs in seconds please see our SMARTBurnertm product.Get in touch for bulk orders
- Care & Maintenance
SmartElement, with patented Temperature Limiting Control (TLC) Technology, controls the temperature of electric coil stove tops and keeps it below the auto-ignition point of most cooking oils. How does it do this? By shutting off the burner element when the temperature reaches about 350°C/662°F. When the element has cooled to below that threshold, the burner turns back on again. Think of it like a furnace for cooking. Just as a furnace turns off and on to regulate the temperature in a home or apartment, SmartElement regulates the cooking temperature of the stove top.
- An intelligent Cooking System that electronically controls energy to the burners and helps to prevent fires and save energy using Pioneering’s patented Temperature Limiting Control (“TLC”) Technologytm.
- Cast iron burners deliver superior cooking experience.
- Twice the surface area for even heat distribution/better cooking.
- Retains heat for greater energy savings.
- Allows for easy cleaning of plates and drip pans.
- Burner surface is flat prolonging cookware life.
- Universal fit.
NOTE: This product requires professional installations as it is hard-wired into the stove to prevent product tampering or removal.
- Sleek, modern design.
- Cooks better.
- Saves energy.
- Protects cookware.
- Helps prevent fires.
Care & Maintenance
Before You cook with SmartElement
Before being used for the first time, SmartElement should be heated up on the HI or maximum setting for approximately 7-10 minutes without any utensils. During this ‘curing’ process, the protective coating is hardened and obtains its maximum strength. NOTE: There may be a slight odour the first time you use your stove with the SmartElement installed.This is normal and should dissipate after the first use.
Cleaning your SmartElement
- Always ensure the burner is cool before attempting to clean
- Never soak your SmartElement or put it in the dishwasher
- Use damp cloth or sponge with mild detergent to clean surface of burner and surrounding plate. Never use harsh abrasive or steel wool pads on any part of the SmartElement.
- Thoroughly wipe soap from a burner plate and towel dry.
- For best results clean your burner plates and drip pans regularly.
- Use dry pots and keep wet utensils or objects with condensation, such as pot lids, away from the SmartElement.