SmartElementtm saves lives and property by helping to prevent cooking fires from happening in the first place. It is designed to be hardwired into electric coil stoves/ranges and must be professionally installed. For a residential plug in version that installs in seconds please see our SMARTBurnertm product.
To explore whether SmartElement is the right solution for your property, please contact Tim Mulroney, Vice President of Sales.Get in touch for product information or to place an order
- Care & Maintenance
SmartElement, with patented Temperature Limiting Control (TLC) Technology, controls the temperature of electric coil stove tops and keeps it below the auto-ignition point of most cooking oils. How does it do this? By shutting off the burner element when the temperature reaches about 350°C/662°F. When the element has cooled to below that threshold, the burner turns back on again. Think of it like a furnace for cooking. Just as a furnace turns off and on to regulate the temperature in a home or apartment, SmartElement regulates the cooking temperature of the stove top.
- An intelligent Cooking System that electronically controls energy to the burners and helps to prevent fires and save energy using Pioneering’s patented Temperature Limiting Control (“TLC”) Technologytm.
- Cast iron burners deliver superior cooking experience.
- Twice the surface area for even heat distribution/better cooking.
- Retains heat for greater energy savings.
- Allows for easy cleaning of plates and drip pans.
- Burner surface is flat prolonging cookware life.
- Universal fit.
NOTE: This product requires professional installations as it is hard-wired into the stove to prevent product tampering or removal.
- Sleek, modern design.
- Cooks better.
- Saves energy.
- Protects cookware.
- Helps prevent fires.
Care & Maintenance
Before You cook with SmartElement
Before being used for the first time, SmartElement should be heated up on the HI or maximum setting for approximately 7-10 minutes without any utensils. During this ‘curing’ process, the protective coating is hardened and obtains its maximum strength. NOTE: There may be a slight odour the first time you use your stove with the SmartElement installed.This is normal and should dissipate after the first use.
Cleaning your SmartElement
- Always ensure the burner is cool before attempting to clean
- Never soak your SmartElement or put it in the dishwasher
- Use damp cloth or sponge with mild detergent to clean surface of burner and surrounding plate. Never use harsh abrasive or steel wool pads on any part of the SmartElement.
- Thoroughly wipe soap from a burner plate and towel dry.
- For best results clean your burner plates and drip pans regularly.
- Use dry pots and keep wet utensils or objects with condensation, such as pot lids, away from the SmartElement.