SmartElement™ saves lives and property by helping to prevent cooking fires from happening in the first place. is designed to be hardwired into electric coil stoves/ranges and must be professionally installed. For a do‐it‐yourself residential plug in version that installs in seconds please see our SMARTBurner™ product.
- An intelligent Cooking System that electronically controls energy to burners helping to prevent fires and save energy using Pioneering’s petented Temperature Limiting Control (“TLC”)
- Cast iron burners deliver superior cooking experience:
- Twice the surface area for even heat distribution/better cooking
- Retains heat for greater energy savings
- Allows for easy cleaning of plates and drip pans
- Burner surface is flat prolonging cookware life
- Universal fit
- This product requires professional installations as it is hard-wired into the stove to prevent product tampering or removal
- Sleek, Modern design
- Cooks better
- Saves energy
- Protects cookware
- Helps prevent fires
No. If your SmartElement glows red hot, turn off the burner immediately. Do NOT use. Call 1-800-433-6026 or email email@example.com for assistance.
SmartElement may take a little longer to heat up and cool down. (If it used to take 10 minutes to boil water, it may take 1 or 2 minutes longer.
Avoid using warped or damaged cookware. SmartElement works best when the entire pot/pan is in direct contact with the burner. If possible, use aluminum or stainless-steel cookware.
Cooking is more efficient when cookware size is matched to burner size. A large pot on a small burner is less efficient than a large pot on a large burner. When possible, use a lid to help food cook faster.
SmartElement with its patented temperature limiting control (TLC) technology controls the temperature of stovetops keeping it below the auto-ignition point of cooking oils and many common household materials. How does it do this? By shutting off the burner element when the temperature reaches about 350°C/662°F. When the element has cooled to below that threshold, the burner turns back on again. Think of it like a furnace for cooking. Just as your furnace turns on and off to regulate the temperature in your home, SMARTElement regulates the cooking temperature of your stovetop.