improve fire safety in college and university residences
Protect student, staff and reputations from cooking fires in student housing with smart solutions from Pioneering Technology.
Cooking is the leading cause of fires in College & University housing.
College or university residences, on-campus apartments, common rooms and fraternities are all vulnerable to an easily distracted population with limited cooking or fire safety experience. According to the NFPA, 6 or every 7 fires in college dormitories start from cooking; and from 2003 to 2013 reported fires in campus dorms increased by 23%! Prevention can help save lives, property and reputations.
be proactive. get a quote today to help protect your school’s students, staff and reputation tomorrow.
Pioneering Technology Corp.
“The North Charleston Housing Authority has installed the Safe T Elements in all of its housing units since 2009. Since the installation, we have not had one grease fire. Without doubt this product has proven itself to be an excellent fire prevention device.”
David LaRoe, Director of Development & Real Estate, NCHAread more testimonials
“This installation and safety initiative is proving to be a great benefit to protecting the people and property at RHA. We would definitely recommend this technology to all housing authorities to help protect residents and properties from the dangerous risks of cooking fires.”
Sandra Whitney, Director of Housing Operations, Rochester Housing Authorityread more testimonials
“Since Safe T Element was installed; we have more confidence of the level of fire safety in our group homes and have not experienced a single unattended cooking fire-related incident.”
Rob Tobin, Corporate Services and Housing Case Management Liason Specialist, Canadian Mental Health Associationread more testimonials
provide safety & protection with pioneering technology
The busy, crowded nature of university and college housing can create an easily distracted segment of the population. The limited cooking and fire-safety experience also elevates the risks. Between 2000 and 2015, it was found that smoke alarms were missing or disabled in 58% of all fatal campus fires. This further illustrates the importance of university and college housing being equipped with cooking-fire prevention products.