The Safe-T-sensor™ has two modules:
- "Sensor" (smoke sensor) and
- "Control box" (power supply box).
- Plug the "Control box" into a grounded 120VAC receptacle, then plug in the microwave power cord into the "Control box".
- Attach the "Sensor" to the microwave unit just above or beside the louver/vent slots. The sensor has a built-in magnetic mounting.
- Microwave vents have been designed and slanted to expel smoke in a specific direction. It is important that the magnetized sensor be positioned above or beside these vents to ensure the expelled passes directly over/into the sensor.
- Refer to the sample images below to correctly position the sensor on the microwave.
- In some instances microwave vents may be located underneath or at the back of the microwave (do not confuse the air in-take holes on the back as vents). Again, the sensor should be positioned so that the expelled smoke will pass directly over/into the sensor.
- Built-in or over-the-range microwaves as well as manual dial timer microwaves are not be suitable for Safe-T-sensor™. Please contact Pioneering if you have any questions regarding your microwave.
For further information, please refer to our Care and Use Manual.